Welcome to August!
This month is pretty special for us, because it means our first market of the year (!!) is on it’s way, get excited for The Indie Reunion! We know that this week it’s been too hot to get properly excited, but we just can’t help it (and we’re melting like snowmen as a result!)
If you haven’t heard about it already, The Indie Reunion is coming to FarGo on Saturday 22nd August, and is bringing together 20 of our fave makers, creators, foodies and artists, along with our own village businesses, so we can celebrate being reunited with our lovely crafty friends, and of course YOU! You’ll be able to support those indie makers we all love in person and enjoy a day out in FarGo.
Before we launched this event, we thought long and hard, to work out the best way to put the market together. Just because we can run markets again, should we? Protecting the health and wellbeing of our community is always our number one priority. With the support of Coventry City Council, and lots of deep diving into government guidelines, we came up with a series of measures that we’re introducing at our Indie Reunion, and they are all designed to keep the fun socially distanced, and safe, so you can come and enjoy some indie makers with peace of mind.
Read on as we walk you through some of our new measures, which will mean our market looks a bit different from normal, but in a good, socially distanced kind of way.
- First up, the obvious- social distancing. We want to make sure that all of you can enjoy the Indie Reunion, and we obviously love to see you all getting up close and personal with our lovely traders and getting to know them better. For this market though, we’re limiting numbers inside the market hall, to no more than 100 at any one time, so you’ll have plenty of space to move about and socially distance properly- please maintain a distance of 1.5m from anyone not in your bubble! All our makers and designers will be spaced out too, so the layout will be different from normal, and we’ve had to cut our number of traders a bit to make sure they all have enough space- but it’s quality not quantity anyway, so don’t worry we’ve got you covered!
- Because we’ve got a cap on numbers inside the Market Hall, if we’re full up when you arrive, you may be asked to queue for a few minutes until someone leaves. Please be patient, we’ll have a designated spot for you to wait, and some lovely staff to direct you!
- Staff! We’ve got even more of our fab team than normal at this market, to make sure we can keep track of everything, and keep you guys safe. There will be someone on the door taking information for Track and Trace purposes (don’t worry this is totally confidential and only stored for 21 days!), someone on the exit counting you out, and another person floating around to make sure we can answer questions, guide you round our one way system, and make sure everyone stays safe inside the venue.
- One way systems– it’s the way to go! So we can avoid lots of crowds round the entrances, and a crush in the walkways, we’re bringing in a one way system at this event. You will enter The Indie Reunion at the Market Hall entrance between Gourmet Food Kitchen and Choc N Roll, and you’ll exit through the shutter next to Pop Bang Colour. Inside, we will be making our pathways one way too, and we’ll have arrows on the floor to guide you- just follow the yellow (concrete) road!
- We will be asking everyone, including staff and traders, to wear face masks inside the venue at all times, unless there is a reason you’re not able to i.e. for accessibility reasons. We know they can be a bit hot and stuffy, but think of your fellow shoppers and don the masks! There are some lovely patterned ones you can grab on the day from the likes of Rockit Kids, The Green Unicorn, and Oshin, so this is the perfect opportunity to think of your face mask as an accessory, not a nuisance!
- Wash your hands! We all know by now that washing your hands is really important, so we’ve got hand sanitizer stations at both the entrance and the exit of the market, which our staff will be asking you to make use of, and our stall holders will also have hand sanitizer on hand too. We also have sinks for hand washing too, so if hand sanitizer is getting to your skin a bit, we’ve got plan b ready!
- We’re cleaning our touch points regularly every day, and this will be the same at The Indie Reunion. Every few hours, a member of the team will be cleaning taps, sinks, toilets, handles and sanitizer stations, to make sure everyone’s staying hygienic!
- Shopping will look a little different, as you may not be able to get as hands on as usual. All our traders have got measures in place to keep their stalls safe and clean for you, but this means you will need to ask before touching products and may be asked to use hand sanitizer first. Please listen to our lovely traders, they’ve got your safety in mind! Many will also only be accepting card, so please bear this in mind and make sure you’re prepared!
There will be plenty of signage about on the day, and people to help out, so you can shop safe in the knowledge that we’re doing everything we can to keep you safe! This is our first market of the year with all of these measures in place, so if you see something that you think we could be doing better, please let us know!
We can’t wait to see you back in the village, exploring our indie makers, permanent shops, and maybe grabbing a spot of lunch (we’d definitely recommend it!) so we’ll see you on Saturday 22nd, from 11am till 5pm!